Gayle and Nicole discuss their conception and notion of summer books and what constitutes summer reading. They also discuss some upcoming books that they are looking forward to reading in May.
Some books discussed in this podcast.
- Saints for Occasions by J. Courtney Sullivan
- Into the Water by Paula Hawkins
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Startup by Doree Shafrir
- A Window Opens by Elisabeth Egan
- The Circle by David Eggers
- The Leavers by Lisa Ko
- Everybody’s Son by Thrity Umrigar (June 6)
- The Stars Are Fire by Anita Shreve
A big discussion ensues about Sue Miller, Jodi Piccoult and Elizabeth Brundage and book endings which are plausibly implausible.
- All Things Cease to Appear by Elizabeth Brundage
- Since We Fell by Dennis Lehane
- Big Brother by Lionel Shriver
Gayle has read and updates us on two of the books we discussed previously on the podcast.